The youth at Warner are active members of the church who work with groups such as the Session and Deacons to learn about and participate in the ministries of the church. In partnership with parents, lay leaders and staff leaders, the youth gather for worship, Bible study, mission and fellowship both in church on Sunday mornings and off-site throughout the year.
The youth demonstate faith in action in many ways including...
- Leading the Souper Bowl effort every January to collect cans of food and monetary donations for the hungry in our area
- Leading a hunger awareness meal for the congregation during Lent
- Serving as liturgists, ushers and video camera operators during worship
- Helping sustain the Warner community garden
- Serving as counselors for Vacation Bible School, Parents' Nite Out, and the preschool Sunday school class
And beyond the walls of Warner...
- Attending the Worship & Music Conference at Montreat Conference Center in North Carolina
- Joining youth from area churches in a Presbyterian-wide gathering
- Participating in a workshop on homelessness led by Habitat for Humanity
- Gleaning potatoes on the Eastern Shore to help the hungry
- Attending the Presbyterian Youth Triennium at Purdue University
We'd love to have you join us! Check out the Sunday School Schedule for the time and place.